Remit of SAAN
The Scottish Appropriate Adult Network (SAAN) is a collaborative group that has been established to support the development and maintenance of Appropriate Adult Services in Scotland.
- To develop and update National Guidance in best practice, recruitment, training and the resource of services;
- To work with Scottish Government, Scottish Police Service, Social Work Scotland, COPFS and other identified stakeholders to develop policy, guidance and legislation;
- Provide a network through which Appropriate Adult Services can be supported and provide a consistent level of service delivery across Scotland.
The objectives of SAAN include, but are not limited to:
- Sharing of best practice;
- Identifying areas of need;
- Maximise shared resources and knowledge;
- Maintain awareness of legislative changes and distribute relevant information to services.
Meetings will be held on a quarterly basis and the location rotated amongst each Appropriate Adult Service.
The Chair will be nominated from the membership of the group and be in seat for a period of two years following which nominations will again be sought. A Vice Chair and Secretariat to SAAN will also be nominated in the same manner.